What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Auditing Handwashing

Started by , May 02 2013 07:06 PM
9 Replies
Hi everyone - Food Packaging Supplier looking at SQF level 1 - Ok we're sure they are washing their hands through observation(have no idea about in the restrooms) Do we need to have some sort of record such as an audit that we are monitoring compliance to our hand washing GMP? Our thoughts are that Restrooms appear to be out of bounds for that sort of thing however,we do have designated hand-washing sinks - Any Ideas?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Gloves Versus Handwashing BRC Internal Auditing Query
[Ad]
We have a checklist that our QA fills out a minimum of once a shift. It is a snapshot of a specific time of day. On that is whether the QA witnesses handwashing when people enter the production room.

Setanta

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hi everyone - Food Packaging Supplier looking at SQF level 1 - Ok we're sure they are washing their hands through observation(have no idea about in the restrooms) Do we need to have some sort of record such as an audit that we are monitoring compliance to our hand washing GMP? Our thoughts are that Restrooms appear to be out of bounds for that sort of thing however,we do have designated hand-washing sinks - Any Ideas?

Thanks

Hello Tony Z,
For record, yes. You will need to document your observation or inspection. Setanta's QA checklist is good. As for the restrooms, don't think you can observe people, but having hand washing signs will greatly help. Please ask any further question you may have.

Regards,
Bill
1 Thank

We have a checklist that our QA fills out a minimum of once a shift. It is a snapshot of a specific time of day. On that is whether the QA witnesses handwashing when people enter the production room.

Setanta

Dear Setanta,

Thks for document.

Out of curiosity. 100% compliance always ?

I have always admired the "every person, washing system plays a tune" method though I suspect it's vulnerable to hacking.

We used to use a retired Sergeant-Major standing beside the line to be the most-disliked-person-in-the-factory. He absolutely loved it.

Rgds / Charles.C
Hi

I also perform hand swabs as a verification of hand washing compliance - I swab the hands of people who have just washed their hands and test for TVC (Or ACC depending on which country you are in) and ents. The results are recorded on my micro spreedsheets. And for the purposes of annonymity at the lab I record by clock card number rather than by the persons name.

I do this on a random monthly basis as well as the observational GMP checks.

S

Setanta

We have a GMP checklist filled in 3 times daily

Caz x

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Dear Setanta,

Thks for document.

Out of curiosity. 100% compliance always ?

I have always admired the "every person, washing system plays a tune" method though I suspect it's vulnerable to hacking.

We used to use a retired Sergeant-Major standing beside the line to be the most-disliked-person-in-the-factory. He absolutely loved it.

Rgds / Charles.C

Compliance is usually 96 to 100%. Our folks break in groups, going in and coming out together, so at that snapshot, it is pretty consistant. We do have some groups, (not to beat up on groups) maintenance, warehouse that do get reminded on occasion.

Thanks

Training combined with GMP hygiene audits are great. Your restrooms are not out of bounds. Curious why only Level I for SQF and not SQF Code Level II?

Glenn Oster

Training combined with GMP hygiene audits are great. Your restrooms are not out of bounds. Curious why only Level I for SQF and not SQF Code Level II?

Glenn Oster

Hi Glenn - yes SQF Code 7 Level 1 - ease of typing negated the code 7 from my post

setanta,

thanks for that

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices Gloves Versus Handwashing BRC Internal Auditing Query Handwashing 100ppm chlorine concentration Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Choice of Auditor and Auditing Date Internal auditing Auditing an Edible Flower Farm