What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Temporary Repair Procedure- anyone can share?

Started by , May 09 2013 03:22 PM
9 Replies

Can anyone share a temporary repair procedure? A list of tools allowed, and timeline expection will help!

thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Temporary Repairs Policy (SQF) Temporary Repairs on Packaging Company for BRC Accrediation Temporary Repairs for commercial leaking roof Temporary Marketing Authorization (TMA) Letters for distributors
[Ad]

If you go int the Maintenance section, theres a post there on temporary engineering logs etc

Caz x

Hello, Teioh3
Document the corrective action sent to maintenance , Tag the area with the temporary fix Date time who, what.. You know the guy who wants to use duct tape or wire.
If it is a real clear cut food safety risk, you must shut down the operation and bite the big one till the machine or environment comes to a safe resolution . If an auditor sees a quick fix that appears to be a long term deal,.... plan on some major deductions or up to loss of certification. You can't have a work instruction, or SOP for every detail, but you can document all of the actions taken to remediate the breakdown. Your documentation may be as detailed as " we sanitized the 13mm end wrench before repair or adjustment was made", for example. More documentation and signature validation is better than "Oh ,...opps no proof of what you did.
Jeff
1 Thank

This is the previous topic Caz was referring to.

Regards

Simon,

1 Thank

We don't have a temporary repairs procedure, per se, but we do have a section in our Maintenance Program document that discussed temporary repairs and how they must be handled.  It states:

Temporary equipment repairs using materials such as wire, string, or cardboard are not allowed, with the exception of plastic and duct tape, which may be used as a temporary solution for non-food surfaces. It must be dated on use and changed within a 2-week period. Work orders for permanent repair should be issued and completed within 30 days.    

1 Thank

I have one that I can share but I can't figure out how to attach it. Lol.  If someone can tell me how to attach it I'd be more than happy to share.

Hi B Nicks, we've just upgraded software and I only just figured it out.  Click "More Reply Options" button next to "Post" button.

I will see if there is a setting somewhere to make it more visible by default.

Regards,

Simon

This might be of some use.

Marshall

Attached Files

2 Likes15 Thanks

Thanks...here you are :-)

1 Like

A key item to "temporary" repair is to make sure that the item is dated on the floor...that way everyone can verify that it is within the permitted timeframe.

I have seen some impressive repairs with Duct tape and cardboard with the odd c-clamp tossed in.  I get the odd stare when I ask what is the permanent fix and when will it be completed....

Similar Discussion Topics
How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Temporary Repairs Policy (SQF) Temporary Repairs on Packaging Company for BRC Accrediation Temporary Repairs for commercial leaking roof Temporary Marketing Authorization (TMA) Letters for distributors Mold remediation and temporary moving processing areas Managing Temporary Workers During Sanitation What is the best way to label and track temporary repairs? Writing Temporary Storage into our Program Temporary Storage - Costco Food Safety Expectation