What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bulk Liquid Tote Cleaning

Started by , May 13 2013 06:14 PM
2 Replies

Currently, my company is manually cleaning bulk liquid totes by hand with standard tools and hoses. I would like to automate or provide specialized tools for the task. Could anyone provide a better procedure or tools? 

Pete

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations
[Ad]

Currently, my company is manually cleaning bulk liquid totes by hand with standard tools and hoses. I would like to automate or provide specialized tools for the task. Could anyone provide a better procedure or tools? 

Pete

Hi Pete,

The ideal way is to automate and clean by CIP, the question is are these plastic or stainless steel?

In order to do this you can route from a CIP set through a sprayball in the lid (this may need to be manufactured) then route back via a connection hose and return pump. The outside would be manually cleaned before the CIP.

I have also had a 'cubicle' manufactured where the outside of the tote is cleaned by spray nozzles at the same time as the CIP through the inside of the tote but this is much more expensive to set up.

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Tony,

Thank you for the help, I was thinking of a solution along the same line. We do not have a CIP system. Our company uses both plastic and stainless steel totes, manually cleaned. As always, we're trying to improve results and reduce labor.

Similar Discussion Topics
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations Bulk density - Master Specification creation Supersack-Bulk Bag Resealing Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling Bulk Tank CIP temperature