What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Specification for sodium hypochlorite used for potable water disinfect

Started by , Jun 29 2013 10:04 AM
7 Replies

Hi everybody,

i want to make to raw material specification for sodium hypochlorite, which we are using for water disinfection. can anyone give me specification. thanks for advance.

Regards,

kishor 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet?
[Ad]

Hi everybody,

i want to make to raw material specification for sodium hypochlorite, which we are using for water disinfection. can anyone give me specification. thanks for advance.

Regards,

kishor 

Dear kishor,

The actual composition will depend on what level you are buying. The specific safety specification may well depend on yr local regulatory requirements.

Typical example from Google -

SPECIFICATION FOR SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE1.pdf   396.12KB   96 downloads

Rgds / Charles.C

Dear kishor,

The actual composition will depend on what level you are buying. The specific safety specification may well depend on yr local regulatory requirements.

Typical example from Google -

SPECIFICATION FOR SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE1.pdf

Rgds / Charles.C

thanks for ur reply, we are buying 9-15% sodium hypochlorite for water disinfection. but i want some govt regulatory specification... please help me......

Hello Mr Kishor,

Buy/Get  a copy of Indian standard   BIS /IS 11673:1992 (R2003) Sodium Hypochlorite Solution. (GRADE-2) (Available chlorine 12 -15% ) OR Buy product from company having food and drug manufacturing licence. Mention your requirement as food grade sodium hypochlorite. Ask for product specification & certificate of analysis and material safety data sheet (MSDS)
1 Thank

FDA reference:

PART 178 -- INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADJUVANTS, PRODUCTION AIDS, AND SANITIZERSSubpart B--Substances Utilized To Control the Growth of Microorganisms

Sec. 178.1010 Sanitizing solutions (b) (37)

and then look at © to get your limits.

-B

FDA reference:

PART 178 -- INDIRECT FOOD ADDITIVES: ADJUVANTS, PRODUCTION AIDS, AND SANITIZERSSubpart B--Substances Utilized To Control the Growth of Microorganisms

Sec. 178.1010 Sanitizing solutions (b) (37)

and then look at © to get your limits.

-B

Yields CAS Reg. No. 7681-52-9

googling  above gave an array of claimed compliant links but none seemed to contain a detailed specification similar to that in Post 2 (non-CAS)

Perhaps a Book of CAS specs is necessary ?? (What is the particular meaning of your "C symbol")

PS - "Quantities" will presumably relate to the "Process", whatever that is.

Hello Charles, the ( c ) was a "auto-correct" it seems. If one goes to CFR Sec. 178.1010 ( c ) sets the legal limits for various solutions under (b).

So for sodium hypochlorite under (b)(37), the limits would be under ( c )(32)(i) & (ii).

For FDA anyway. 

-B

Hello Charles, the ( c ) was a "auto-correct" it seems. If one goes to CFR Sec. 178.1010 ( c ) sets the legal limits for various solutions under (b).

So for sodium hypochlorite under (b)(37), the limits would be under ( c )(32)(i) & (ii).

For FDA anyway. 

-B

Hi bacon,

Thanks, you should have been a detective. :thumbup:

Similar Discussion Topics
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Specification for Cleaning and Sanitizing Cloths Standard Specification Sheet BRC 3.5.4.4 - Service specification