What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Critical limit and verification for magnet trap as CCP

Started by , Jul 04 2013 08:31 AM
1 Reply

hi guys. I would like to ask what should be the critical limit for magnet trap? if it is the CCP of the process for physical hazard such as metals? and how should we do verifcation? thank u

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Grading Minor Major Critical Questions used to determine the critical control point Critical limits in seafood HARA CCP and critical limites Establishing Critical Limits CCP for Potstickers
[Ad]

As you are using the trap, I believe you are pumping food through a processing line, and require no ferrous contaminants after that point?

It should therefore be picking up 100% of metal contamination if working properly, meaning your tolerance level will be zero using such equipment. (Meaning any metal/ferrous contamination in the product would be over the critical limit).  If any small sized particles can make it through the trap your manufacturer would have specified that to. As a result I believe your regime should include sampling of product after the trap along the line, and the maintenence schedule, calibration and even this verification should have been laid down by the manufacturer if this is a food grade equipment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Grading Minor Major Critical Questions used to determine the critical control point Critical limits in seafood HARA CCP and critical limites Establishing Critical Limits CCP for Potstickers SQF NCR - Critical Limit Not Determined Determine of critical limits Foreign Material -> SS 5.0 mm in sachet products? How do you collect daily critical production data to ensure food safety and quality? Finished product critical parameters for dry aging of beef Can critical limits be defined as a range value?