What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC 3.5.4 Management of outsourced processing

Started by , Jul 09 2013 11:59 AM
6 Replies

I have a question about the Management of outsourced processing. We produce poultry products and some of them are fully cooked, vacuum packed and cased. We send the product for HPP (High Pressure Process) and the product is shipped to the customer from there. The product meet our HACCP when shipped to the HPP company . Would this still be considered outsource processing? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan
[Ad]

I have a question about the Management of outsourced processing. We produce poultry products and some of them are fully cooked, vacuum packed and cased. We send the product for HPP (High Pressure Process) and the product is shipped to the customer from there. The product meet our HACCP when shipped to the HPP company . Would this still be considered outsource processing? 

Is the HPP performed by a seperate company or is it another division of your facility? If it's a division within your organization and the product never leaves your control I would say no sicne you could prove that your policies and procedures were in place at all times, however, if it is sent to a 3rd party company to finish processing then my answer would be yes. This would be the case because you would want to review their documents to some level to ensure that the proper steps were followed by them.  

1 Thank

It is a 3rd party company. and the HPP is done to extend shelf life, not as a lethality step.

It is not a kill step, but I'm assuming that the product is shipped to the 3rd party with the USDA bug already affixed to the package correct?

yes it is.

yes it is.

Yes, this would be considered outsourced processing since you are sending to a 3rd party for pascalization. Although you may not consider it a kill step it in essence is exactaly that. You are using the HPP process to kill off any unwanted organisims to extend the shelf life. I would focus more towards section 3.5.4.3 of the standard.

2 Thanks

Yes, you will need to comply with all the requirements of 3.5.4 Management of outsourced processing not just 3.5.4.3

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Magnets used in plastics packaging processing From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Are hair nets necessary in an enclosed processing room? FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen