What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality control parameters to look for during ice cream manufacture

Started by , Jul 15 2013 01:33 PM
5 Replies

Hi Guys,

I am new in an ice cream plant and I would like to understand some of the quality control parameters to look for during ice cream manufacture. I would also aapreciate if one could share a typical quality assurance batch card or template for an HTST ice cream process.

Regards,

Agwanda

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]

Hi Guys,

I am new in an ice cream plant and I would like to understand some of the quality control parameters to look for during ice cream manufacture. I would also aapreciate if one could share a typical quality assurance batch card or template for an HTST ice cream process.

Regards,

Agwanda

Hi Agwanda,

This will depend on product and recipe but typical parameters are:

Total Solids

Butterfat

Brix

Acidity/pH

Phosphatase

Smell

Taste

Colour

Appearance

Overrun

Temperature

Viscosity

Weight

Code

Seal

Packaging

Regards,

Tony

Dear Tony,

Thanks for your insight. Could you conversant with some of the typical limits for the listed parameters especially for dairy ice cream? I know different organizations could be having different internal standards. this will be very complimentary to me. Thanks in davance.

Regards,

Agwanda

Hi Agwanda and Tony-C,

I'm jumping from poultry manufacturing plant to ice-cream plant. Hope you can share some information.

Thanks, 

Cahaya

Hi Agwanda and Tony-C,

I'm jumping from poultry manufacturing plant to ice-cream plant. Hope you can share some information.

Thanks, 

Cahaya

Welcome Cahaya, what information are you looking for?

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon, 

Im referring to the Tony recomendation on controlling the quality in processing the ice cream. I wonder what method or equipment that most suitable to check the viscosity... I used to work with a laboratory where there were Brokfield, Bostwick and Zahn Cup. 

And what method is checking the total solid, butter fat, and phosphate? Im totally blur. As today is my 3rd day here. 

Im hoping to find any article about the ice cream making especially the functional of every step. 

Thanks, 

Cahaya

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?