What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

XRay Machine procedures and Radiation Protection Plan

Started by , Jul 17 2013 09:30 PM
2 Replies

I am seeking for an example of the x-ray machine operation procedure and Radiation Protection Plan for a Food Processing operation.  We are researching and looking into acquiring X ray equipment for our operation. 

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Kelio

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Costco new requirement on Xray Metal Detection and Xray Inspection What are the standard size of contaminants used for validation of xray in food? In-House Yearly MD or Xray Calibration For BRC V8
[Ad]

Hello Kelio,

Robert Rogers of Mettler Toledo gave a great presentation at the recent Food Safety Live Conference.  You can watch the recording here: Designing & Implementing a Robust Foreign Material Prevention Program - I can assure you it's well worth it.  In the meantime hopefully somebody will pick up on your questions.

Regards,

Simon

1 Thank

I would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. 

As far as an operating procedure, for that I may need some clarification.

Typically systems are set to successfully inspect the product through either manual or automatic set up procedures. Verification of proper set up and operation is conducted prior to production run and re verified at predetermined frequencies throughout the production run and again at the conclusion of the run. This activity should include verification of detection , rejection and any other activity involved in the safety plan. (i.e. segregating the product, disposal, rework. etc..)

Regarding the Radiation Protection Plan for a Food Processing, typically when systems are installed, moved or modified in any way a radiation survey is conducted to ensure the emissions are within the specified guidelines. These specified guidelines could be Federal, State or Country specifications. It is always best to check with local enforcement to be sure the system is in compliance.

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Costco new requirement on Xray Metal Detection and Xray Inspection What are the standard size of contaminants used for validation of xray in food? In-House Yearly MD or Xray Calibration For BRC V8 Xray Equipment for Large Rigid Plastic Pails Xray and HACCP Plans (CP and operating procedure)