What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Coconut as an allergen

Started by , Jul 29 2013 04:36 PM
2 Replies

Hi

We process Coconut Meat. Do anyone know about any Kit to validate the line as "Cocont free" after the cleaning?

Thank you so much in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
USA FDA Requirements for Food Canning Establishments - Separate SID for Each Fat Version or Single ID for All 400ml Coconut Milk Products? EU Regulations for RBD Coconut Oil Microbes in Coconut Water Virgin Coconut Oil Color Change Suitable Packing Material for Toasted Coconut Chips
[Ad]

I do not. There doesn't seem to be concensus that it IS a nut...

"The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI) states: “Coconut is not a botanical nut; it is classified as a fruit, even though the Food and Drug Administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. While allergic reactions to coconut have been documented, most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut. If you are allergic to tree nuts, talk to your allergist before adding coconut to your diet."1

http://www.foodaller...ree-nut-allergy

Romer labs has a coconut kit available, I believe they are the first to market. I have not use it yet but will do so when it comes up in our production schedule. Please see the kit insert attached

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
USA FDA Requirements for Food Canning Establishments - Separate SID for Each Fat Version or Single ID for All 400ml Coconut Milk Products? EU Regulations for RBD Coconut Oil Microbes in Coconut Water Virgin Coconut Oil Color Change Suitable Packing Material for Toasted Coconut Chips Coconut Oil Storage and Prep Soybean Oil and Coconut Oil Declaration of sulfite level of desiccated coconut (DCN) as ingredient in our food product Parallel test of 3M coconut protein allergen w/ 3M ATP test Does RBD (refined, bleached, deodorized) coconut oil need to be declared as an allergen or not?