What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sensory Evaluations to Comply with SQF Code?

Started by , Aug 01 2013 02:33 PM
3 Replies

Hi, we are currently revising one of our sensory programs. We currently do a sensory evaluation for 1 product a day from each HACCP Plan (for example 5 HACCP Plans, 5 days). The SQF code says that our sensory evaluations should comply with sensory attributes specified by the customer (2.5.6 vi.). We have the same person every morning do a sensory evaluation for flavor, mouthfeel, and aroma on a 5 point scale. We manufacturer frozen sandwiches.

Is this adequate enough to comply with the code? And is there anyway to generate a report out of this?

And what is the difference between SQF 2.5.6 v and SQF 2.5.6 vi?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Coffee Sensory Override Sensory for Milk Candy Quality Poultry further processing (Chicken nuggets & Strips) - Quality related issues and sensory Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation
[Ad]

tdinh,

It's recommended to have more than one person doing sensory evaluation and some sort of documented training. Our auditor pointed out how does one know what each point is?

I'm confused. HACCP is about food safety, and organoleptic testing is about quality. Am I missing something?

I'm confused. HACCP is about food safety, and organoleptic testing is about quality. Am I missing something?

Sorry I did not mean to be confusing. The HACCP part was just saying we test a product from each HACCP plan each day of the week.

Similar Discussion Topics
Coffee Sensory Override Sensory for Milk Candy Quality Poultry further processing (Chicken nuggets & Strips) - Quality related issues and sensory Would a consumer sensory testing lab be inspected by the local health department? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation ISO 22000 8.5.4.3 c. - how to verify sensory observations? Organoleptic/Sensory Analysis Risk Assessment What is all involved in a Sensory Evaluation Program? Validation of Sensory evaluation? SQF level 3 SQF level 3: Quality, sensory evaluation in quality control