What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Heat treatment and declaration of milk type?

Started by , Sep 10 2013 11:32 AM
16 Replies

Hello to all,

I need some help.Im confuzed about declaration of type of drinking milk.If we use temepratute above 100degrees,but less than 135,what type of milk is ????It is not pasteurised,not sterilised???

Please for you comment.

Regards:)

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Chemical Parameters of Ready To Heat Curries and Fried Rice Heat Treating Spices - Need validation data Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Low temperature heat seal Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification
[Ad]

What temperature are you using?

We are planing to use 115 degrees...

for how long?

Do you not have a copy of the Tetra Manual?

1 Thank

We are planing to use 115 degrees...

Sounds like high temperature pasteurised. Is this a HTST plant?

Regards,

Tony

• Can you please uploaded tetra manuel?
  • We use 115/2sec

115C for 2 sec. It is pasturized not sterilized. Need cold chain of supply.

It would be pasteurized product, but more then likely it would be an extended shelf life product (ESL), filler dependant of course.

the process of 115 c for 2 s is more likely a ultra pasteurization. 

Hello every one. I have known that combine with temperature and times can called that:

If temperature is between 90-120 degrees temperature for 2-5 second, it's called HTST pasteurisation (High temperature short time)

If temperature is between 125-138 degrees temperature for 2-4 second. It's called Ultra pasteurisation 

And, if temperature is between 135-150 degrees temperature for 2-15 second. It's called UHT (ultra high temperature)

Hello every one. I have known that combine with temperature and times can called that:

If temperature is between 90-120 degrees temperature for 2-5 second, it's called HTST pasteurisation (High temperature short time)

If temperature is between 125-138 degrees temperature for 2-4 second. It's called Ultra pasteurisation 

And, if temperature is between 135-150 degrees temperature for 2-15 second. It's called UHT (ultra high temperature)

Ultra high-temperature (UHT) pasteurization is the same heating process as ultrapasteurization (138° C or 280° F for two seconds)

There seems to be quite a variation in definitions available. See attached from IDFA.

249_Pasteurization Definition and Methods.pdf   42.7KB   21 downloads

Whilst as stated before my description would be 'high temperature pasteurized', for labeling purposes I would always revert to relevant legislation in the country of manufacture and sale.

Regards,

Tony

As per the PMO in the US:

FF. PASTEURIZATION: The terms "pasteurization", "pasteurized" and similar terms shall mean the process of heating every particle of milk or milk product, in properly designed and operated equipment, to one (1) of the temperatures given in the following chart and held continuously at or above that temperature for at least the corresponding specified time:

Temperature Time

63ºC (145ºF)* 30 minutes

72ºC (161ºF)* 15 seconds

89ºC (191ºF) 1.0 second

90ºC (194ºF) 0.5 seconds

94ºC (201ºF) 0.1 seconds

96ºC (204ºF) 0.05 seconds

100ºC (212ºF) 0.01 seconds

OO. ULTRA-PASTEURIZATION (UP): The term "Ultra-Pasteurization", when used to describe a dairy product, means that such product shall have been thermally processed at or above 138°C (280°F) for at least two (2) seconds, either before or after packaging, so as to produce a product, which has an extended shelf-life under refrigerated conditions. (Refer to 21 CFR 131.3.)

I don't see anything in it about sterilization or UHT or any of that.  But the PMO is large... and has lots of stuff... and is for the United States.

As per the PMO in the US:

I don't see anything in it about sterilization or UHT or any of that.  But the PMO is large... and has lots of stuff... and is for the United States.

Thanks MerleW

PMO is also applicable worldwide to suppliers providing milk products to US armed forces.

Regards,

Tony

Hello every one

I have found news studying for heat treatment.

The studying (World Journal of Dairy & Food Sciences, 2007) had show HTST pasteurization of milk  72-75 15-20 Sec.

You can found it The Study on UHT Processing of Milk: A Versatile Option for Rural Sector

Hello every one

I have found news studying for heat treatment.

The studying (World Journal of Dairy & Food Sciences, 2007) had show HTST pasteurization of milk  72-75 15-20 Sec.

You can found it The Study on UHT Processing of Milk: A Versatile Option for Rural Sector

So 115 C for 2 seconds will be UHT pasteurization.. 

Hello to all,

I need some help.Im confuzed about declaration of type of drinking milk.If we use temepratute above 100degrees,but less than 135,what type of milk is ????It is not pasteurised,not sterilised???

Please for you comment.

Hello to all,

Please for you comment.

Hello to all,

Please for you comment.

its UHT pasteurization.. 

So 115 C for 2 seconds will be UHT pasteurization.. 

In the UK such a product would be labelled as 'high temperature pasteurised'.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Chemical Parameters of Ready To Heat Curries and Fried Rice Heat Treating Spices - Need validation data Direct vs. Indirect Heat for Drying Systems Low temperature heat seal Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification Heat treatment for carbonated beverages How to control heat resistant gloves provided to employees? Are any heat resistant moulds a known risk for pea flour? Mushrooms - Sawdust - Heat Treatment Appropriate attire during a heat wave?