What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hygiene refresher training for packaging

Started by , Oct 04 2013 02:56 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

Can anyone give me any ideas on how they undertake the annual  hygiene refresher training under the BRC Packaging Standard? In the past we have used multiple choice questions, answering the questions themselves and Simon's 'Spot the Hazards' poster (brilliant!). This year I would like to do something different.

Any suggestions?

2 Thanks
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template
[Ad]

Dear Rosemary,

Not sure what is meant by "refresher" ? Does this relate to established staff only, eg already given induction training ?

Or is it a very small factory ? :smile:

Low risk ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Refresher means to renew or reinvigorate.  Refresher training should be carried out for existing staff, some people say annually at a minimum, but I prefer a little and often.  Refresher training can take the form of a big 1/2 day training course (and sometimes it should) or it could be a memo, some new posters put up, a debate, workshop, shop floor talk, visit to a customer or supplier etc. It should really focus on areas of weakness or area for improvement such as complaints audit results etc.  In my opinion for training to stick in the employees minds it should be short, sharp, innovative and even entertaining.  Not an easy task with this type of training.

Shameless plug. :smile:

The IFSQN (formerly Saferpak) developed an innovative range of hygiene training materials for packaging some year's back and they are still very popular for induction and refresher training in packaging companies all over the world.  

You can find them in our store >>

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template Hygiene and fabrication inspection template for BRCGS GHPs-HACCP : General Principles of Food Hygiene Rev.2022 Personal Hygiene BRCV9 - 7.2.1 Looking for Factory a Hygiene Checklist Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene