Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 August 2023 - 04:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

CODEX have published a new version of General Principles of Food Hygiene, it includes the newly agreed decision tree and worksheet.

Attached File  CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene CXC_001e.jpg   74.77KB   4 downloads

Link here to download: CODEX GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF FOOD HYGIENE CXC 1-1969 Adopted in 1969. Amended in 1999. Revised in 1997, 2003, 2020, 2022*. Editorial corrections in 2011.

* This edition contains a new Annex IV, Figure 1 and Table 1 which introduce tools to determine the critical

The new CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene version is only available in English currently. Check here for other languages as they roll out: CODEX Codes of Practice

In addition a new “sexy” format has been published here by FAO & WHO. 2023. General principles of food hygiene. Codex Alimentarius Code of Practice, No. CXC 1-1969.

Attached File  General Principles of Food Hygiene 2023cc6125en.jpg   66.77KB   6 downloads

Figure 1: Example of a CCP decision tree – apply to each step where a specified significant hazard is identified

Attached File  GPFH 2023 Figure1 Example of a CCP decision tree.jpg   115.62KB   3 downloads

Table 1: Example of a CCP determination worksheet (apply to each step where a specified significant hazard is identified)

Attached File  GPFH 2023 Table 1 Example of a CCP determination worksheet.jpg   128.41KB   3 downloads

Read more here about the new layout and design: Jenny Scott explores the revised General Principles of Food Hygiene

“The revised text is nicely laid out in a way that makes the document very easy to read. The use of color and bolding, putting major section headers in a column to the left of the text, and using colored lines as separators makes the sections stand out, allows for ease of locating information, and enhances the readability of the document.”

Kind regards,

Tony

Thanked by 6 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 15 August 2023 - 01:54 PM

Thanks Tony.

The Decision Tree looks identical to that in 2022/C 355/01, ie -

https://eur-lex.euro...C:2022:355:FULL

(IIRC you previously noted the above publication also :thumbup: )

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,233 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 August 2023 - 03:30 AM

Thanks Tony.

The Decision Tree looks identical to that in 2022/C 355/01, ie -

https://eur-lex.euro...C:2022:355:FULL

(IIRC you previously noted the above publication also :thumbup: )

Thank you Charles.

That EU guidance clearly includes a lot of content from the CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene.

Kind regards,

Tony

zein1

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Lebanon
    Lebanon
  • Interests:Knowledge of new technologies. I have experience in consultancy for ISO9001 and HACCP as well as auditing.
    Like also to partcipitate in seminars or lectures where I can learn more about food science, technology and safety. Also like to give lectures on Quality and Food Safey where I can share my experience givem that I spent 9 yrs in working within different food industries.

Posted 01 February 2024 - 07:39 AM

Dear Colleagues,

Anybody has an idea about the changes that took place as related to GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF FOOD HYGIENE CXC 1-1969 -- as related to transition from rev 2020 to 2022?

Looking for your kind support.

Regards, Zein

Bo16

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 76 posts
  • 19 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 April 2024 - 06:26 PM

Is the certification to this standard (By TISTR Thailand) equivalent to a GFSI audit?

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CODEX, Food Safety, Food Hygiene, HACCP, Decision Tree, HACCP Worksheet, HACCP Guidance, Prerequisite Programmes, Determining CCPs, Critical Control Points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users