What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sanitizing Production Piping

Started by , Oct 07 2013 07:50 AM
4 Replies

Hi all, 

Our production raw material mainly is raw water and i wondering do i have to do sanitizing on our production piping??  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Contact time for sanitizing food contact surfaces Specification for Cleaning and Sanitizing Cloths Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Shoe sanitizing
[Ad]

To Carine:

My opinion is, you should at least carry out cleaning (e.g. CIP) after certain period of time.

Yong

Yes according to my knowledge you should plan a CIP for your production line according to the contamination rate.

Hello Carine,

Does your raw water contain chlorine,ozone etc.what is the microbiological parameters of raw water  at input to production and what is micro level at output of production while passing through pipes and water is used for what purpose.you should check micro levels in your water after passing through pipes to know if they are within specifications or not and the pipe lines need CIP or not.

As long as your pipework is well designed and there is nothing particularity unusual about the quality of the raw water, you should be good with a planned CIP programme using a hydrogen peroxide/ peracetic acid based chemcial. The plan may also include a less frequent CIP run using a chlorine based chemical. A good chemical supplier will be able to recommend a suitable cleaning regime based on the local conditions, equipment being used etc. Because you are handling just raw water you do not necessarily need a fully automated CIP system. Making up the solution in a bulk tank and purging the system according to the suppliers specification may be more than adequate. A validation plan supported by a verification plan is always a good idea (ATP, pathogen, TBC, Chemical Concentrations and residual chemical)

George  

Similar Discussion Topics
Contact time for sanitizing food contact surfaces Specification for Cleaning and Sanitizing Cloths Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Shoe sanitizing Alternatives for treating and sanitizing mineral waters E-2 Foaming Sanitizing Hand soap Cleaning and Sanitizing Tubing Looking for recommendations in chemicals for dry cleaning and sanitizing SOP for Cleaning and Sanitizing Tools