What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

HACCP plans for 15 different meals prepared in hospital kitchen

Started by , Jan 09 2014 11:13 AM
1 Reply

Hi ,

I am implementinf FSMS in hospital kitchen.There are variety of meals are prepared in the kitchen.Please suggest should I prepare HACCP plan separately for each of the meal prepared and do the monitoring of its CCP.Or shall I divide the meals into 5 or 6 categories and then prepare their HACCP plans.

My second question is how should I decide the shelf life of the following

--Left overs(meals),

--Raw vegetable and fruits,

--Cut slices of fresh produce

--Vegetable and fruits on the counter and the refrigerator.

Can some one help me.

Thanks in advance.

Charu

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans
[Ad]

Hi ,

I am implementinf FSMS in hospital kitchen.There are variety of meals are prepared in the kitchen.Please suggest should I prepare HACCP plan separately for each of the meal prepared and do the monitoring of its CCP.Or shall I divide the meals into 5 or 6 categories and then prepare their HACCP plans.

My second question is how should I decide the shelf life of the following

--Left overs(meals),

--Raw vegetable and fruits,

--Cut slices of fresh produce

--Vegetable and fruits on the counter and the refrigerator.

Can some one help me.

Thanks in advance.

Charu

Dear Charu,

it may depend on what the meals are.

The haccp aspect  is analogous to foodservice / retail restaurant queries for which there are several threads here if you search a little. One generic answer is that cooked products may often be grouped into 2/3 categories based on their having identical CCPs.

for the shelf lives, I am rather surprised that a hospital would not have a policy on such already ?

For 1/3 on yr list, I would hv guessed zero. (especially if I was a patient). For the others I think there are typical lists for such items on the net.

Rgds Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Flow charts and 'confidentiality' Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Is HACCP broken? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?