What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does anybody have a good/effective return for Fly Killers?

Started by , Jan 15 2014 07:52 AM
7 Replies

Does anybody has a good/effective return from bug zappers? We supposed to have it at the factory but I never noticed an effective return from it...

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How can I check good sterilization? Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety Effective evaluation methods of food safety training Are You an Effective Auditor? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices
[Ad]

:helpplease:

Please don't BUMP your own topic, especially after such a short wait.  Most of our members are just waking up and getting into work. All posts are answered in due course and those that take a little longer are bumped and answered by the forum staff.

I have not seen them used in our area and not sure in a plant environment they would be useful.  I have always seen air blowers at the door and or fly lamps. 

1. What we use is flytrap with UV lights and a glue board. Works very effectively.

I agree with Empirestate.  We don't use bug zappers, but rather lure them with a UV light and have glue boards to trap them. 

Setanta

Electric fly killers I think are (Bug Zappers) and they are widely used and normally have a catch tray.  It's important they are placed so they are not visible to the outside and do not attract pests into the building.  They should also be carefully placed so that when the fly explodes (as it get's frazzled) that none of the debris can go near work areas, people, product etc.  If you have a pest contractor they sort and count the catch tray once a quarter, so that you can analyze trends and look for problems etc.

I came from the commerical pest control industry before my current bakery food safety position.

Insect lights are more used as an indicating factor that you have insects in certain areas rather than eliminating them. Then through the use of your corrective actions you can work towards eliminating access areas inside your facility.

In most food plants in the states, ILT's are required however the trend is going away from the electricuting type and to the glueboard type of device. This eliminates cross contamination of insect fragments.

Similar Discussion Topics
How can I check good sterilization? Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety Effective evaluation methods of food safety training Are You an Effective Auditor? SQF 2.4.2. Good Manufacturing Practices Effective Documents How to evaluate expired inventory to prove they are good to use? Does Anyone Know Of a Good affordable Lab to test ingredientsfor purity, strength, identity, and composition Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? The role of research in supporting good safety practices in the food sector