What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dilution-by-calculation in regards to allergen verification/validation

Started by , Jan 23 2014 10:23 PM
4 Replies

I would like to see more discussion on allergen control.

Anyone had experience with “dilution-by-calculation” in regards to allergen verification/validation,

in dry blends?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What Dilution do You Consider it...? Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Puzzling Results Across Dilution Factors Installation and setup of my Dosatron auto dilution system(s) How to clean containers used for the dilution of syrup?
[Ad]

Charles:

Can you clarify what you mean by "dilution by calculation?"  I am familiar with dry food processes and I think this may be an interesting discussion.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for your interest.

At the 2013 SQF Conference in Louisville, Ky "it" was mention by FARRP.  See attachment.

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Hi Charles,

please give us more details or an example. What is the target of your question?

In allergen risk assessment you need lots of details. There are principles, but not a general answer.

Rgds

moskito

Dear moskito,

If you are referring to dilution-by-calculation, the detail is on Pg 34/35 ?

Similar kind of calculations / decision logic are illustrated in the website for the VITAL approach.

I'm still wondering as to the numerical meaning of the acronym ACP used frequently in the reference. BLQ was finally disclosed near the end fortunately.

Contains an interesting criticism of SQF's "requirements" for allergensl. Seems rather ironic since SQF have IMO published a rather nice 2-3 page "monograph" on allergen control which I found relatively helpful. Whether they auditorily implement its content is another matter.

Some confusion over verification / validation is visible but this is the American way i guess. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
What Dilution do You Consider it...? Chemical Dilution Concentration (Automatic Dispenser) and Sink Compartment for Cleaning Puzzling Results Across Dilution Factors Installation and setup of my Dosatron auto dilution system(s) How to clean containers used for the dilution of syrup? Why 70% Iso propyl alcohol effective instead of other dilution? Practical directions for dilution of cleaning chemicals Formula for Proper Concentration Solution Dilution for Chlorine