What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Listeria in the freezer?

Started by , Feb 24 2014 07:36 PM
3 Replies

Hello All,

I received some Environmental Swabs results back from the lab, and Listeria hit positive on the Freezer floor (Zone 4) of a bakery Plant. I confess I was not expecting this. Have anyone came across this situation before? Is it common?

I appreciate any comment or suggestions?

Thanks   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Listeria mitigation guideline What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Listeria testing UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria
[Ad]

Yes. Listeria has the ability to live and grow (.5 - 4 logs)  in refrigerated temperature. I would suggest looking at sanitation practices and traffic flow design .

You will want to let your sanitation company know and you will probably want to test that area each week until you can get 4 consecutive good results.

Setanta

In general, bacteria is not killed in a freezer.  The low temperature only halts the growth of the bacteria.  It will start to multiply when your product warms up.

Similar Discussion Topics
How to conduct sampling for Listeria Monocytogenes? Listeria mitigation guideline What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Listeria testing UK Legislation On Shelf Life Terminology In Relation To Listeria Listeria Policy countries outside of US How would you kill listeria if it is present in the drains and floors? Listeria monocytogenes - How Tough are You? Listeria mono in frozen vegetables Listeria Monitoring Frozen Fruit and Vegetables