What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corporate SQF Practitioner

Started by , Feb 25 2014 04:00 PM
8 Replies

Hello All,

Can a corporate QA director act as a backup to a SQF practitioner to multiple sites?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

MBrown

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Visitor Policy for Corporate Visits Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Corporate Project SQF rewrite Would it be possible for our corporate office to handle the SQF audit and procedures from Europe for our office in the US? Corporate policy has to be broken down into specific objectives
[Ad]

Please don't post multiple topics with the same question...it's not necessary.

1 Thank

I would say no, in my opinion, the back up should have the specific working knowledge of that facility and with more than a handful of locations, that would be very hard to manage. I suppsoe you COULD document where each emergency shower is located and maybe if all your facilities are laid out the same, you could manage that.  If not, it could become tricky. I feel that back position would be best someone in that facility.

Also, since the back up needs to be available in case the Practitioner was out, what happens if multiple Practitioners are out when an audit occurs?  The corporate person cannot be in two places at once.

Setanta

I would agree with Setanta.  We have always had a backup on site. 

Can?  Yes.

Should?  No.  See previous responses.

Define backup.  Permanent absence, one day, one week?

Corporate as in multi-state, multi-national?  Absolutely not.  Very bad idea.

Same municipality?  Doable but a very risky practice.

Bottom line is any multi-site facility should invest in training for a leveled practitioner, for both "absence" fill in and internal audit practices.

Nothing in the code that says you can't. So absolutely yes. Remember this is as a backup to the main practitioner. In fact, I think it is a good idea, not a bad one, as it forces a corporate person to get more involved at the local level. The concerns expressed are not warranted based on this being a back up. In many cases, the SQF practitioner has little to do on a day to day basis if programs are set up properly. To see it otherwise misses the whole point of SQF.

Hello All,

Can a corporate QA director act as a backup to a SQF practitioner to multiple sites?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

MBrown

During our gap analysis for SQF, we asked the same question of two different auditors from two different auditing firms and they both gave the same answer : "Backup should be at the same plant."

2 Thanks

There is no difference between first and second - both are required to meet the guidelines, full time employee, 1 location, etc.

Similar Discussion Topics
Visitor Policy for Corporate Visits Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools Corporate Project SQF rewrite Would it be possible for our corporate office to handle the SQF audit and procedures from Europe for our office in the US? Corporate policy has to be broken down into specific objectives Internal Audit - Corporate Corporate documents vs Local documents on Smoking FAO Corporate Document Repository Corporate Social Responsibility Exploiting Corporate Know-how