What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Level 1 for R&D

Started by , Mar 03 2014 09:21 PM
1 Reply

The company I work for produces mainly food contact packaging.  We have several plants but the R&D group is located at the plant where I work.  The R&D group works with several plants some of which have SQF Level 2 certification

The plant where I work has finished the SQF audits and is wanting for certification.  We did not include the R&D group or the facilities that are solely used by them in the scope of our audit.

The R&D manager asked me if it would make sense to obtain SQF Level 1 certification for the R&D group. 

Any thoughts on this?  Has anyone obtained separate SQF certification in packaging for their R&D group?

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.5.4 Supplier level of risk rating SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Group Level Risk Rating of food businesses Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish
[Ad]

I've never seen a separate certification within a certified facility. However I have seen where something was left out of the certification it was later added as a scope upgrade, you call your CB for details on how to do this; it's substantially more advantageous than SQF 1 that while accredited is not GFSI recognized.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.5.4 Supplier level of risk rating SQF Level 2 implementation for seafood wholesaler and distributor Group Level Risk Rating of food businesses Acceptable level of Bacillus bacteria in the environment EMP Canadian and US maximum permissible level of heavy metals in fish HACCP Certification - Level 3 99 on our Level 3 Certification Audit! SQF Level 2 and 3 difference Advice for a level 2 SQF audit for a new company SQF level 2 for a water B2B