What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Recommendations for extending the shelf life of hummus?

Started by , Apr 08 2014 06:02 PM
8 Replies

bump

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body Nutrition Software Recommendations Any recommendations for a date label gun? Recommendations for Certification Bodies
[Ad]

Danisco Products:

• BioVia
  • MicroGARD 200

Both are cultured dextrose products but the BioVia contains extra antioxidants to help preserve the flavor over the shelf life.

1 Thank

bump

You can label MicroGARD 200 as Cultured Dextrose. I know from personal experience that MG200 is dairy free as it is derived from sugar, so you may want to put a disclaimer on your label saying that it is not derived from dairy. Too many Wikipedia experts assume all cultured dextrose is a milk product.

What kind of shelf life do you currently have, and what shelf life do you want to achieve?

Also, what is the pH of the hummus?

Thanks

1 Thank

bump

bump

You can label MicroGARD 200 as Cultured Dextrose. I know from personal experience that MG200 is dairy free as it is derived from sugar, so you may want to put a disclaimer on your label saying that it is not derived from dairy. Too many Wikipedia experts assume all cultured dextrose is a milk product.

Dear ronrico,

You have certainly proposed an interesting validation technique for labelling purposes. :uhm:

My first thought was yet another proof of the need for caveat emptor.

My second thought was "there's one born every minute" :smile: (No offence meant)

Rgds / Charles.C

bump

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Recommendations for a SQF Certification Body Nutrition Software Recommendations Any recommendations for a date label gun? Recommendations for Certification Bodies Recommendations for Vegan and Gluten Free Certification Recommendations for Label Software Recommendations Salt presence verification Requesting Datalogger Recommendations Recommendations for a data logger