Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:03 PM

Looking for recommendations for weight check scales that can be connected to a network through WIFI or LAN connection. We want to be able to track product weights for remote viewing/process improvement.

QualityKel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:31 PM

Hello, 

I can't remember the brand that I have used in the past. Here are some that may work for you, or at least help guide you to a better fit.

The first link is very similar to the inline check weigher that I have experience with.

https://www.andweigh...rs/checkweigher

https://www.loma.com...s/checkweighing

I will note that the check weigher that I have used did not have a Wi-Fi connection. It did have a USB port to extract the data, and it would be done at the end of each run. If you have trouble finding a Wi-Fi connection version, this may be another option for you. Although it wouldn't be real time data, you could still use it to understand how the day went and improve from there.

I do not know the type of process you will be using it for, but I used it for individual snack packs with cheese, nuts and fruit. We had issues with is kicking out product that was the correct weight and the way the line was designed, it would send way too many through the check weigher at one time. We had to create a position at the end of the line to ensure that the snack packs would go through the weigher in an orderly manner to reduce issues.

Depending on the location of the the weigher, or the weight of the product, you may experience weight issues. The air unit was right above the weigher when I worked at that facility and the air blowing would mess up some results. Speed is also a factor in accurate weights, so you will have to make some sort of adjustments with the checker and line you use it on. If you have the manufacturer come out and install, you may not experience these issues. We had to in-house install.   

Hope this helps

Edited by QualityKel, 18 September 2020 - 05:32 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users