What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Please suggest an instrument for alcohol analysis on wine?

Started by , Apr 11 2014 07:50 AM
3 Replies

Hi, is there someone who can suggest an instrument for alcohol analysis on wine?  We had an Alcoholyser of Anton Paar for demo which were very nice but I am looking for more options.  I am looking for an instrument one can do corrections on and do not need a calibration reference system.  We do not have the time for pycnometry.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis
[Ad]

There is more expensive instruments available, like the Oenofoss and Winescan for alcohol and other analysis.

I know of labs that is using the Anton Paar alcolyser, calibration is easy and it is quick way to determine alcohol on samples.

You will not find any lab equipment where you do not need to do any calibration - the correction can only be done if you calibrate your equipment with a known alcohol reference sample.

Regards

Makayla

1 Thank

I've seen Gas Chromatography (Agilent) used as well.

Dear Vineyards,

Calibration is an essential activity for any instrument used for quantitative determinations. It is for your own good as it reduces the possibility of erroneous results. The only difference can be the frequency of calibration of different instruments !

One of the good techniques for determining alcohol content is Gas chromatography which is very specific for individual alcoholic groups. I am not aware of the requirements of wine analysis, but I guess if any volatile impurity determination is required, the same instrument will prove o be very helpful.

Regards,

Meena

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Sampling plan and risk analysis FSVP Hazard Analysis Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Gap Analysis between ISO 22K:2018 vs BRCGS v9/8 or IFS v7/6 Hazard Analysis - Preservative How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Risk Analysis for EMP program