What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is mean by the coliforms negative in 0.1gram?

Started by , Apr 24 2014 03:00 AM
5 Replies

Dear all:

Our products export to Russian and the coliforms limit is negative in 0.1gram, I want to know what test method to be used?

Does anyone help me?

thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
A negative BRCGS Auditor experience Coliforms in Spray Dry Product Coliforms limits for environmental swabbing Reducing Coliforms in the organic sprouts Coliforms in Organic facility
[Ad]

Dear all:

Our products export to Russian and the coliforms limit is negative in 0.1gram, I want to know what test method to be used?

Does anyone help me?

thank you!

Usually means "Not detected" in sample size of 0.1g

ie <1cfu / 0.1g

ie, equivalently,  <10cfu/1g or similarly for other sample sizes

But Russian buyers might have a different mathematical theory. :smile:

Normally at this level, it is recommended to use a MPN method such as detailed in USFDA-BAM (on-line available) so as to improve accuracy compared to plate count technique.

But Russia may have its own local standard procedure.

Rgds / Charles.C

1 Thank

Usually means "Not detected" in sample size of 0.1g

ie <1cfu / 0.1g

ie, equivalently,  <10cfu/1g or similarly for other sample sizes

But Russian buyers might have a different mathematical theory. :smile:

Normally at this level, it is recommended to use a MPN method such as detailed in USFDA-BAM (on-line available) so as to improve accuracy compared to plate count technique.

But Russia may have its own local standard procedure.

Rgds / Charles.C

thanks Rgds / Charles.C

yes i agree with charles.. and the other method to count that is Total Plate count.

Rgds

AS Nur

Also you can interpret not detected in 1/10 dilution

Also you can interpret not detected in 1/10 dilution

Assuming that the quantity of analysed portion of yr dilution contains 0.1g of sample, yes.

Strictly speaking, one should be relating to a sampling plan of course. And preferably a MPN-type analytical procedure.

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
A negative BRCGS Auditor experience Coliforms in Spray Dry Product Coliforms limits for environmental swabbing Reducing Coliforms in the organic sprouts Coliforms in Organic facility How do you reduce or eliminate coliforms in packaged baked goods at a cookies and crackers manufacturing company? Questioning the reliability of all negative pathogen test results Can I make a negative claim on this product? Decision if micro standards not met for indicator bacteria like ACC and coliforms Brie Enterobacteriaceae and Coliforms