What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can anyone help with an SOP for a Water purification system?

Started by , May 05 2014 01:27 PM
7 Replies

Hello Everyone

We just installed water purification system in our plant. So nobody knows how it operates, can anyone help with the SOP.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system
[Ad]

Hello Ruhama Thooko,

what is your source of water from borewell,municipality or river or any other source,

Normally water passes through sand filter than activated carbon filter then through 5,10 micron filters and through  Reverse osmoisis (R.O) plant and then finally U.V. light treated and depending upon end usage ozonised.

Hello Everyone

We just installed water purification system in our plant. So nobody knows how it operates, can anyone help with the SOP.

I assume you do have a list of the components and a diagram of the assembled system. Maybe post this for starters.

I'm quite impressed that you managed to install it on yr own, or was that by a contractor who has now "fled the scene"?

If not, they, or the supplier, would be the logical first step for most people. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Hello Ruhama Thooko,

what is your source of water from borewell,municipality or river or any other source,

Normally water passes through sand filter than activated carbon filter then through 5,10 micron filters and through  Reverse osmoisis (R.O) plant and then finally U.V. light treated and depending upon end usage ozonised.

Hey Sushil

We get water from municipality so we found not clean that's why we installed purification system. The components of this system is as you mention.

I assume you do have a list of the components and a diagram of the assembled system. Maybe post this for starters.

I'm quite impressed that you managed to install it on yr own, or was that by a contractor who has now "fled the scene"?

If not, they, or the supplier, would be the logical first step for most people. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Hey Charles

Our Maintenance Department installed this  by following the manual. So the challenge um facing is about the dosage, That's why I want to document the operating procedure. 

Hey Charles

Our Maintenance Department installed this  by following the manual. So the challenge um facing is about the dosage, That's why I want to document the operating procedure. 

Similar queries.

eg dosage of what ? to achieve what ? passed through what ? injected how ? residence time how long ?

eg something like this objective ? -

microbiologically acceptable output water for plant use (re coliforms/E.coli/TPC) using NaOCl injection after a column filtration system and input water of 'good' micro.quality

If not, how not ? :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Hello Ruhama,

You have to first check the Quality of your Municipality water,by giving it to outside accreditated Lab for potability,if you dont have your in-house lab.

Then give your final sample to lab to check the difference of parameters.(Physical,chemical and Microbiological parameters for potable water).

You can dose the municipality water in reservoir (tank) with sodium hypochlorite so that the final chlorine in the water is 2-3 ppm of residual chlorine.

This chlorine will get removed by activated carbon during filteration.You have to daily clean the sand/carbon filter by reverse dosing of water to remove impurities collected as per daily usage,before start of production.

Ozonation (0.3-0.4ppm ozone) is possible if you are bottling water and cannot be used if you are using water for beverages /processing.

great job ruh

Similar Discussion Topics
Automatic Labeling System HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? BRC 1.1.6 Confidential reporting system New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Foaming machines in a cleaning management system How do you manage your food safety management system? PIF V6 - What system is best to use