What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for Quality Prerequisite Examples

Started by , Aug 08 2014 01:58 PM
1 Reply

Hi all! We have finished our Level 2 7.2 SQF audit with no findings and are now looking into moving up to level 3. We of course have quality systems in place with our techs, hourly checks throughout the process and weight tracking. But I'm stuck on what would be considered a quality prereq that can be verified and validated. We are a confectionary factory. No kill steps. No freezers. No cold storage. I feel like there's some completely obvious ones staring me in the face but I just can't wrap my mind around what. Thanks, guys!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]

Hi all! We have finished our Level 2 7.2 SQF audit with no findings and are now looking into moving up to level 3. We of course have quality systems in place with our techs, hourly checks throughout the process and weight tracking. But I'm stuck on what would be considered a quality prereq that can be verified and validated. We are a confectionary factory. No kill steps. No freezers. No cold storage. I feel like there's some completely obvious ones staring me in the face but I just can't wrap my mind around what. Thanks, guys!

Even if there are no kill steps, temperature can always be a big one - I know it's critical to quality for chocolate but not for food safety - I'd imagine the same is true for toffee hard candy etc, but I'm not sure. 

It might be a stretch to call these QCPs, but when I think of precautions put in place to protect quality I think of -

Visual Inspection / sensory are two that can be measured, but you have to create standards and train, and record defects due to rejections (sensory panel results etc).

Correct & fresh ingredients can be QCPs - batch maker put in correct amount of sugar or toffee is not expired.  

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?