What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Quality ACCP Plan - Hazard terminology

Started by , Sep 17 2014 09:14 PM
4 Replies

Hi

I'm drafting my revised QACCP plan, and I'm having toruble finding the right wording for my hazards.   In my HACCP plan, all hazards are formatted like this "

"Contamination of _______ with (choose one: pathogenic microorganisms/chemicals/hazardous extraneous material) due to _________":

For example -

"Contamination of chocolate blocks,  returned product, rework, in-process chocolate, packaging materials and/or finished product with pathogenic microorganisms due to contact with unclean utensils, tools, molds and equipment as a result of improper sanitation procedures."

Stolen from Canada's "FDA" website (forgive me Canadians, I cant' remember your acronym), this works perfectly for all of the hazards we found specific to our plant. 

For Quality I want to use the same format.   But "Contamination" sounds wrong, mostly we aren't avoiding contamination.  I was thinking "Defect"?  Is there a common word that equates to quality that is used often?   I know there has to be one, but I'm totes blanking on it

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards
[Ad]

Defect works, but other choices would be flaw, blemish, imperfection, deficiency.......... that is what comes to mind.  (I am usually better finding a word with a full sentence or more). 

1 Like

Hi

I'm drafting my revised QACCP plan, and I'm having toruble finding the right wording for my hazards.   In my HACCP plan, all hazards are formatted like this "

"Contamination of _______ with (choose one: pathogenic microorganisms/chemicals/hazardous extraneous material) due to _________":

For example -

"Contamination of chocolate blocks,  returned product, rework, in-process chocolate, packaging materials and/or finished product with pathogenic microorganisms due to contact with unclean utensils, tools, molds and equipment as a result of improper sanitation procedures."

Stolen from Canada's "FDA" website (forgive me Canadians, I cant' remember your acronym), this works perfectly for all of the hazards we found specific to our plant. 

For Quality I want to use the same format.   But "Contamination" sounds wrong, mostly we aren't avoiding contamination.  I was thinking "Defect"?  Is there a common word that equates to quality that is used often?   I know there has to be one, but I'm totes blanking on it

the most common one I see is 'non-conforming product' which is a very accurate description IMO...... doesn't exactly trip off the tongue though!

Mike

1 Like

Thanks - I was having a "brain fart" - I hate that terminology, but it happens

Magenta_Majors I found this useful

http://youtu.be/fTOzYqFObVc

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Salary for Quality Control Supervisor HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Building a Sustainable Culture of Quality and Food Safety Annual Food Safety & Quality Training Burger Quality Concern Greasiness Example of Quality Objectives According to BRC Issue 6 How to make a Quality Manual?