What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF posters

Started by , Sep 24 2014 03:11 AM
10 Replies

Safe Quality Food

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Platform or software for creating posters Food Safety and Quality Posters Do Food Safety Signs and Posters need to be document controlled? Food safety banners or posters Does anyone have a good source for buying food safety posters and stickers?
[Ad]

I recommend following the lessons of Deming: forget the slogans

Thou shalt not answer a question not asked.     :ejut:

1 Like

The quality manager deserves a pay rise :-)

2 Likes

"Say what you do""Do what you say""Prove it"

1 Like1 Thank

NO FOOD WITHOUT SAFETY

1 Thank

A HACCP information chart

We are having GAP audit next month and want to make posters with SQF related quotes that employee should be memorizing.

The obvious one is "SAFE QUALITY FOOD"

Any suggestions will be appreciated?

Thanks

My first suggestion is to go online to www.sqfi.com and take a look around at the website where you will find alot of suggestions for your posters.  My personal suggestion is Say what you do, Do what you say, Prove it.   Which means----SAY WHAT YOU DO (document the SQF system i.e. policies, procedures, work instructions and specifications.) DO WHAT YOU SAY (put into place the prepared policies, proceures, work instructions and specifications) PROVE IT (keep records to demonstrate compliance) .  this is found in the guidance document found under documents on the SQFI website.  Best Wishes

1 Thank

It can also be helpful to have a poster that says

"OUR CCP IS THE METAL DETECTOR"

In previous positions, I printed little cards with what HACCP stood for on one side and the "Four pillars of quality" on the other . You could also print the SQF slogan on the back of their employee IDs etc

1 Like

The questions they generally ask are job related and can be what if's.  For example, "The metal detector did not react to the wand....now what do you do?"  "The product is setting off the metal detector what do you do?"  "The product is out of temperature range....what do you do?"   I have not had them ask what SQF stands for or HACCP though the later is important especially if they are on the team. 

1 Like1 Thank

You have to get your employees to memorize stuff so they can regurgitate  it to an Auditor?  Please don't bother doing this, I can tell you from first hand experience that SQF Auditor's are not interested in hearing memorized wording. I'm 100% on the consulting side now, but I was an SQF Registered Auditor with many audits done in 26 food sector categories and this does not fly well at all during an audit.

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Platform or software for creating posters Food Safety and Quality Posters Do Food Safety Signs and Posters need to be document controlled? Food safety banners or posters Does anyone have a good source for buying food safety posters and stickers? Thumbtacks OK for hanging Posters ? Two COVID-19 Posters Anyone have any idea for posters on allergen content of vending machines? Posters for rules on personal hygiene of staff Posters for Personal hygiene