• IFSQN Associate
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 12 February 2024 - 12:30 AM

Hello all,
I want to implement a poster from Quality team in Packaging area for mushrooms.
Does someone have a poster template that they are willing to share
eg : correct labelling
zero foreign objects
correct temperature  etc etc

KellyQA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2024 - 04:06 PM

I use www.Canva.com to create training videos, posters, and more. I highly recommend it. It is free to use, but you can pay for a subscription if you would like more images and other things. You should be able to get by with just a free account. They make it really easy to create documents. You can also google some food quality posters for inspiration when you are creating. 

jfrey123

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 636 posts
  • 182 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2024 - 05:04 PM

Can't share our poster formats, but most of them are simple affairs created with MS Word or PP.  We decide on the language we want to convey, decide on any images (Bing and Google both have options to search for "free to share and use commercially" under License if you look at the Filter options), then print them and laminate them.  Using your own photos is obviously a great choice too.

Never envisioned I'd be an art/copy creator when I got started in QA, but have to admit it's kind of fun to take an hour or two on creating a visually appealing poster to remind people to wash their hands or avoid other quality issues within the plant.  I even got to create a few websites with SharePoint where we do some basic reporting and file access for our various plants.  Really handy to be able to access those items by phone or tablet instead of being chained to a desk 24/7.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lynx42

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 February 2024 - 09:28 PM

We also use Canva.  It's been pretty easy and I've been making multiple posters (weekly food safety topics) and I like that they all have the same format and I just change the pictures, wording and the color (hoping the different colors help catch people's eye each week).  I save each one as a PDF.
I've got several food safety topics (allergens, pest management, foreign material...) and am making 4 posters for each that focus on Why, How/What, When, Where.  Already getting questions on why did I have to put a kid with a rash on his cheeks on the Allergen - Why poster.  Um... because it's more likely you will stop and think about why we have an allergen control program.  That was my first one, so I'm pleased to be getting the responses I got.

I'm using pics of our building as much as I can, and have a few people on the floor helping to put them together and sharing pictures. Lots of volunteers when I told them I'd put their names on ones they help with.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users