What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

CCP Determination for Blast Freezing

Started by , Oct 01 2014 03:34 PM
7 Replies

Hello All,

I need some guidance on a process step for my HACCP Plan.  The auditor said that I didn't mention the step in my determination/analysis of CCPs.  It is listed on my process diagram, but determined not to be a food safety concern.  The auditor wants to see it on the CCP determination with an explanation as to why it is not a CCP.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to document that?

thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Freezing onions Air filtration for blast freezer Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures Freezing Legislation Micro implications of re-freezing sausages
[Ad]

Hello All,

I need some guidance on a process step for my HACCP Plan.  The auditor said that I didn't mention the step in my determination/analysis of CCPs.  It is listed on my process diagram, but determined not to be a food safety concern.  The auditor wants to see it on the CCP determination with an explanation as to why it is not a CCP.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to document that?

thanks

Hi, suzieq;

All inputs/outputs identified in the narrative and process flow should be identified in your hazard analysis (if I'm understanding your question correctly).

1 Thank

Hello All,

thanks

Hi Suzie Q, a good way to show a CCP determination is using a FMI Food Safety Risk Analysis Matrix which seems to be widely accepted.

You use your processing and hazards and put it up against the matrix below.

*A Value of 1-10 indicates a CCP and 11-25 are critical points.

*Food Safety issues that are less significant will have a value of 11-25

Common Known to Occur Could Occur (published) Not expected to occur Practically Impossible Consequences ↓ A B C D E 1 Fatality 1 2 4 7 11 2 Serious Illness 3 5 8 12 16 3 Product Recall 6 9 13 17 20 4 Customer Complaint 10 14 18 21 23 5 Insignificant 15 19 22 24

2 Thanks

removed still don't know how to post a chart, picture, or document

Dear Suzie,

As per the title i presume the step is some kind of  blast freezing.

Product unknown.

Process unknown.

Equipment unknown.

Result - hazards unknown.

Sorry but the OP has inadequate context to even guess what is going on.

Pls clarify.

Rgds / Charles.C

Hello All,

thanks

Interesting.  As a food microbiologist I would reply that a blast freezer will not diminish bacterial population within a reasonable period of time.  Microorganisms will remain in the food preserved for long periods of time.  The same will apply for physical hazards and most certainly for many chemicals.  I suggest a quick review on low temperature tolerance for pathogens related to your food in order to document your hazard analysis.  Good lock.

Interesting.  As a food microbiologist I would reply that a blast freezer will not diminish bacterial population within a reasonable period of time.  Microorganisms will remain in the food preserved for long periods of time.  The same will apply for physical hazards and most certainly for many chemicals.  I suggest a quick review on low temperature tolerance for pathogens related to your food in order to document your hazard analysis.  Good luck

2 Thanks

Thank you for that advice.  

Similar Discussion Topics
Freezing onions Air filtration for blast freezer Table for identification and assessment of risks and determination of control measures Freezing Legislation Micro implications of re-freezing sausages Freezing exceptions/exemptions (EC) 852/2004 Freezing in Freezer Critical Limits Freezing Tunnel Cleaning Seafood, Crab-Lobster Blast Chilling Raw meat freezing standard