What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC requirements for distribution of a product we do not produce

Started by , Oct 23 2014 05:52 PM
1 Reply

We have been BRC ceritfied for 4 years, and only produce bagels.  In the near future, we will be purchasing frozen english muffins from another company and distributing them with our products.  My question is: What do we need to do to satisfy the BRC standard with this additional service?  Is including it in our scope enough? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK?
[Ad]

If you read page 4 of the current standard it states that:

The standard will not apply to food products which do not undergo any process at the site audited or to activities relating to wholesale, importation, distribution or storage outside the direct control, of the company.

so... my interpretation of that is that your muffins won't be BRC certified unless. of course, they are produced by a BRC certified producer.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?