What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Help with protein increase formula

Started by , Oct 29 2014 10:19 AM
2 Replies

HI All - brain dead this morning and would like some help producing a formula

have product which has 8.5% protein content, ie 8.5%

would like to raise this to 16%

have protein powder available which has 50% protein per gram.

Can anybody help as my workings just don't look right!!

I'm sure its starring me in the face - dammed maths!

many thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? How to calculate the juice content from formula? PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? What is the name of the protein that causes allergies?
[Ad]

What are the total grams used in your batch?

I had a diagram here but the copy and paste didn't work to well. Subtract 16 from 50, and 8.5 from 16. This gives you a ratio of 7.5 parts of 50% added to 34 parts of 8.5% to give you 41.5 parts at 16%. This is a Pearson Square that I used often -( http://www.ext.colos...tk/01618.html.)It is easy to change to % for the mix. Just divide total parts (41.5) into 100 to give you a multiplier of 2.41, use this against the parts needed of both,(34 and 7.5} and that should end up to 100 parts or 100%.
Hope you can follow this. Try the website, it is much clearer than my humble try before I remembered the name of the method.

Try this instead -   http://msucares.com/...ions/p2632.html

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? How to calculate the juice content from formula? PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? What is the name of the protein that causes allergies? HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Increase in Vitamin D in fortified Milk Standardization of Caramel Color and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Using Protein Residue for EMP Testing BRC issue 9 5.4.7 - Ongoing verification for "High Protein" and "High Fiber" Claims