What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Lubricants

Started by , Jan 19 2004 02:11 PM
4 Replies
Potential for a wide debate. Would it be feasible to add a bitter tasting substance such as 'Bitrex' to lubricants supplied to the food industry (where incidental food contact might arise).
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Storage of chemicals, lubricants, food and non-food grade Updating the procedure for food-grade lubricants purchase Storage of Chemicals and Lubricants Allergen policy for maintenance lubricants and cleaning chemicals Is it mandatory to have NSF registration for Food Grade Lubricants?
[Ad]

Would it be feasible to add a bitter tasting substance such as 'Bitrex' to lubricants supplied to the food industry (where incidental food contact might arise).

Hi Neil What's Bitrex?
Hi Simon,

Just a guess here but I suppose it's some sort of substance that tastes nasty
Neil,

If there is the potential for the oil to enter food the problem should be designed out of the process. If there is even a slight chance of contamination then food grade lubricants should be used.

Just a guess here but I suppose it's some sort of substance that tastes nasty

Correctamundo Richard.

About Bitrex

I'm with Yorkshire on this one. If there's a risk of oil contamination then food grade lubricants should be used and still then tight control of it's use and abuse.

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Storage of chemicals, lubricants, food and non-food grade Updating the procedure for food-grade lubricants purchase Storage of Chemicals and Lubricants Allergen policy for maintenance lubricants and cleaning chemicals Is it mandatory to have NSF registration for Food Grade Lubricants? Food Grade Lubricants vs. Non-Food Grade Lubricants Allergen statements for sanitizers and food grade lubricants Food Grade Lubricants Storage RIsk Assessment - Food Grade Lubricants Food Grade Lubricants