What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

COOL and FTC labelling

Started by , Nov 25 2014 07:04 PM
3 Replies

I am caught in between FTC , COOL and Customer requirements and if someone out there can assist

we ship product into USA and customer mandates we have  country of origin on each retail unit and on the outside of each shipper

we deal with commodity items which can come from one or several countries

1) Can I have 2 or more  country of origins on the labels?

2) what do I put if I get a raw product from USA and all I do is put it  in a package and send it back to USA? is "packed in Canada from USA ingredients" Ok

3) what if I blend 2 or more products from different countries without major ' substantial transformation"? Can I use packed in Canada from ingredients of China,South Africa, Brazil, USA

please assist

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Is cool storage of fruits and vegetables before Pasteurization a CCP? Cleaning Program for Cold / Cool Room IFSQN Polo Shirt - How Cool is this! Is it ok to use cooling fans to cool baked sugar cookies?
[Ad]

I am not a labeling expert so I don't know the answer.....but am very curious to hear from someone in the know. 

I am not an expert either but would like to hear the answer)

Also, I have a question of that nature: is there a difference, from regulatory standpoint, between COO and Product of... on the retail label for fresh cut veggies?

Thanks

1) No

2) Origin USA processed in CAN

3) Is this a medley?

Here's a PowerPoint that may help you. It explains more on COOL and MoP:COOL CoOMoP.pdf   74.39KB   21 downloads

Similar Discussion Topics
COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Is cool storage of fruits and vegetables before Pasteurization a CCP? Cleaning Program for Cold / Cool Room IFSQN Polo Shirt - How Cool is this! Is it ok to use cooling fans to cool baked sugar cookies? 21 CFR 111.20(d)(1)(iii) Define "Cool and Dry" Keeping Your Cool