What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Expectations for 3rd Party Audits-Chemical Suppliers

Started by , Dec 03 2014 08:45 PM
2 Replies

I apologize if I've posted this is in the wrong area...

While reviewing the 3rd party audit types of our suppliers, it was noticed that most our chemical suppliers do not have GFSI audits. Could you share what your expectations are for your chemical suppliers? What are the accepted audit types for chemical suppliers? Should the main requirement be that product meets the requirements of the Food Chemical Codex (FFC) and the type of audit doesn't matter as much as someone such as a spice manufacturer?

Our chemical suppliers are pretty much the only suppliers that have ISO 9001 audits so I am wondering if this is the standard for chemical manufacturers. (The chemicals we are dealing with are mostly flow agents and preservatives; we're an FDA plant.)

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What to write for Interested Parties Expectations and Needs? QAP / Machine Operator Expectations and Responsibilities What are the audit expectations for Co Manufactureres that are SQF compliant? In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Can anyone send examples of Each one procedure. (Specific for PRP's, Context of Organization, Understading needs and expectations of interested pa
[Ad]

I don't see why a ISO cert is not acceptable for a chemical supplier. It depends on what you want your supplier to be. I would take it a step further in the supplier approval form and give them a brief outline of your GMP's, Food Defense, and HAZCOM. I was actually surprised to see my supplier was Level I SQF cert.

1 Like

SQF Level 1 is not GFSI benchmarked.  Only Level 2 is benchmarked.  Level 3 adds requirements for a quality plan and this is not part of GFSI either.

Similar Discussion Topics
What to write for Interested Parties Expectations and Needs? QAP / Machine Operator Expectations and Responsibilities What are the audit expectations for Co Manufactureres that are SQF compliant? In SQF what are the expectations for training in multi-language facilities? Can anyone send examples of Each one procedure. (Specific for PRP's, Context of Organization, Understading needs and expectations of interested pa Expectations for supplier of glass jars to meet BRC 4.10.6.1? Procedure to identify the basic needs and expectations of clients Costco Food safety expectations 2018 ISO22000 Outsourced requirements & expectations Stupid question of the day...... FSMA Expectations