What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Labelling of product when shipping between two company locations

Started by , Dec 05 2014 06:10 PM
7 Replies

We are de-commissioning  another location today, and would like to ship the last of the frozen product to the new facility. Some cases are human consumption quality, but are in bulk bags and are destined for finished production, so they are not labelled. Our VIC is telling us it have to be labelled? or we have have to use a sealed truck for 2 skids which makes it financially not worth it.  Can anyone reference the requirement as we cannot find it. 
Many thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance
[Ad]

I think there are many requirements for all containers of product to be labelled for traceability purposes.  For your own piece of mind and ease of inventory control, wouldn't it be easier for you if the product / lot # was identified on the bulk bags?

The product is already sold....here's where the issue lies. It is whole birds that have passes CFIA inspection, BUT our QA deemed it for a pet feed company. Our finial product is usually packaged and labelled, but this is in bulk bags in a box for which we have no labels. This product under normal conditions would be picked up by the company that has purchased it. So I don't have an issue with traceability, there are production date labels, but the inspector is asking for the cases to be labelled......

We only have 1 finished product with no added ingredients.

A silly question I am sure as don't know a lot about Canada's regulations....but what kind of label does he/she want? A label saying what is, a retail style label.....

LOL, the funny part is; the VIC can't say and I can't find exactly what the label needs. I can only assume, est. #, weight and product........

Wow that is tough....wants a label....but doesn't know what they want.   I would go with best judgment and see if it flies (pun accidental).  If not the VIC needs to be more specific in order for you to be able to comply.   

Problem solved! Gave buyer 10% discount to take it right away so it doesn't have to come to the new facility!! Woohoo.....had to make that call myself i might add...talk about otta the box solutions lol. Now I'm a sales girl too lol

Yay!  Great solution!

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling Potassium salt labelling Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance FDA Labelling Requirements for non consumers packages Storage Instructions on Labelling May Contain Tree Nuts - Plain English Allergen Labelling Labelling Verification Plan UK over-labelling requirements