What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Statement of Product Identity Preserved Status

Started by , Dec 09 2014 02:17 PM
3 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I have a potential customer asking for a "statement of product identity preserved status for all ingredients... The identity of preserved status must be declared in accordance with current legal requirements."  The product is Kosher, Non-GMO, and are marketed as "all natural."  Is there some type of format this statement is supposed to follow or do we just write a statement guaranteeing that our product meets these requirements?  Will the Kosher and Non-GMO certifications suffice?  I believe this has something to do with SQF, but we are not SQF certified (although the customer is).  Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Radiological Free statement from supplier Made in the US statement Do product specifications need a GRAS and FDA statement? Contains statement regarding Tree Nuts FDA Ingredient Statement
[Ad]

Yes, kosher and non-GMO certificates would suffice (for my program, only they can tell you if that meets their requirements).  Natural isn't IP

1 Thank

Hi,

I agree with magenta_majors.

we have certified IP-Status only with soy/soy-lecithin, palm-oil, organic raw material. For other raw materials it is hard to get an independently certified raw material.

Natural is not IP. We see difficulties with the all-natural claim in the US.

Rgds

moskito

1 Thank

I believe this has something to do with SQF, but we are not SQF certified (although the customer is).  Thanks in advance!

SQF Requirements:

2.8 Identity Preserved Foods
2.8.1.2 Identification shall include a statement of the product’s identity preserved status of all ingredients, including additives, preservatives, processing aids and flavorings.
2.8.1.7 The identity preserved status shall be declared in accordance with current legal requirements.

From SQF Guidance:

'Assurances concerning raw materials or an ingredient’s identity preserved status shall be included in raw material specifications (refer 2.3.2). A product process description shall allow for a product’s identity preserved status to be maintained with manufacturing carried out on dedicated equipment or scheduled to avoid cross-contamination. The identity preserved status shall be declared in accordance with regulatory requirements.'

So if you provide a specification, copies of certificates and a statement that is a 'full house'

Regards,

Tony

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Radiological Free statement from supplier Made in the US statement Do product specifications need a GRAS and FDA statement? Contains statement regarding Tree Nuts FDA Ingredient Statement What to include in a Position Statement? How often should a new NBFDS statement be requested? Position Statement 618 Ingredient statement Position Statement F837 - Cooked Crustacea