• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do product specifications need a GRAS and FDA statement?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ericaw33

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 April 2023 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone - I am updating our product specs and I am being told by the previous person doing the specs, that I have to add a GRAS and FDA statement. Is that correct? I never had to add that on specs at my last job. Thanks

olenazh

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,364 posts
  • 439 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:My job, church, reading, gym, horror movies

Posted 07 April 2023 - 03:52 PM

Hi Erica. I've never heard of adding regulatory statements to the product specs. What's the point? Purpose of the spec is to outline product ingredients,  properties/characteristics, allergens, storage, COO, and other necessary stuff - what relation regulatory info has to this?

Brothbro

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 363 posts
  • 115 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Aimlessly browsing the internet

Posted 07 April 2023 - 03:53 PM

Could you be more specific? Are these you internal product specification sheets? And by FDA/GRAS statement, do you mean something that states the product is made in an FDA inspected facility from GRAS ingredients? If so, there is no requirement to include such a statement on specification sheets, to my knowledge. Some companies keep a general statement like that on file that covers all their products ("letter of guarantee"), but it's mostly a feel-good letterhead to be sent to other vendors.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 10 April 2023 - 02:32 PM

I don't believe you have to, but I know we have a short FDA statement on ours as we send specs out to customers. It just says simply that we comply and specific documents are available upon request.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users