What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Specification for repackaging products

Started by , Jan 13 2015 05:31 PM
2 Replies

Hi everyone,

I work as a new SQF practitioner in a repackaging company that also produce some dry and liquid  blend products as well.

My question is: do I need to make our own specification sheet for  repackaging items or controlled specification sheet from our suppliers would be enough for our audit.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet?
[Ad]

My opinion: 

If you are contract packing for someone else, then you should use their specification.

If you are repacking for yourself, then you should set up your own specification.

I partially agree with the above statement. You need to have specifications on-hand for repacking done on your own (which you would set up) and a co-manufacturing specification for the co-man (we set these up internally and then review them with the co-man so that they adhere to our standards).

Similar Discussion Topics
2.3.2.9 Specification FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification? Facility specification of cold room as per guideline of EU requirement Specification for Cleaning and Sanitizing Cloths Standard Specification Sheet BRC 3.5.4.4 - Service specification