What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Sharing of full audit report to clients

Started by , Jan 29 2015 08:51 AM
13 Replies

Hi everyone,

Kindly advise whether its in order to send to a client a full audit report, or is this strictly confidential?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Benito.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Storage Sharing (On site) Can someone help me by sharing a comprehensive template for Threat Assessment (TACCP)? SQF Getting certified while sharing facilities with other companies Sharing some funny moments at your job
[Ad]

I prefer not to send my full audits (edit: to customers buying our finished product); I only send out the certification. 

Hi everyone,

Kindly advise whether its in order to send to a client a full audit report, or is this strictly confidential?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Benito.

Dear Benito,

Any particular standard ?

Do you mean from the owner (ie the auditee) of the audit report to a  potential client of the auditee ?

Rgds / Charles.C

yes we are certified in ISO 2200:2005 we are a food processing company.

One of our customers wants us to send an audit report that was sent by our certifying body.

Should i  send him the report or just send the ISO 22000 CERTIFICATE?.

Rgds/Benito.

I don't think there is a rule. It generally falls to what your company prefers.  Since SQF requires everything to be fixed prior to the Certificate being granted, I don't mind if they see what we received minors for...

Dear benito,

thks yr feedback.

You may find these similar threads of interest -

http://www.ifsqn.com...t-to-customers/

http://www.ifsqn.com...with-customers/

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - Personally i have always sent as little as possible (Company / Sister Companies Policy) but opinions vary as you can probably see. :smile:

I send the full report when requested and I ask for the full report from my vendors.

It gives customers a greater sense of transparency with you as a vendor/supplier. Everyone knows that mistakes happen - just make sure to send them the report with your thorough, timely corrective actions included. Also, if the customer's vendor approval program is flexible, they may skip doing their own food safety audit if they can read the full GFSI report (which was the whole point of GFSI when it started).

I don't like it when someone asks for my full report because

1) who has the time to go through every suppliers report? 

2) Even if they find something they have an issue with, SQF / ISO / FSSC / BRC didn't think it was bad enough to not issue a cert, and here's my corrective actions.

3) If they don't think a certification & GFSI audit are good enough, they are welcome to come visit my factory.  But I know they're going to be a difficult customer because they think they know more than industry standards.  So I make sure to put on war paint before they show up.

I think a compromise is to send the certificate and the CAPA.

All of the other information from the report is not necessary for the customer to see.

I guess I've been too generous, too nice!  LOL  That'll have to stop. bwahahahaha

I don't like sending the full report as to often, those on the other end may not understand the details of even minor non-conformances.  I send the certificate, the CAPA if they really want it, and only major hard nose customers get the full report after they have worked to get it. 

1 Like

I can't be arsed with answering stupid questions, so I just send my full BRC report. Bet half the people who receive it don't read it! ( I know they don't!)
Saves so much time and so much of my patience!! 

2 Likes

I can't be arsed with answering stupid questions, so I just send my full BRC report.

But that is the problem if you send the full report...the stupid questions. 

Bet half the people who receive it don't read it! ( I know they don't!)

I would agree except for the people who don't get it.  They will read all of it and come back with stupid questions.  :roflmao:

I generally send as little as possible as well. In order of preference

Certificate

Certificate and Corrective Action Report

Full Report

Like everyone else was saying, it really depends on who is asking. Chances are the person receiving may not understand the full audit report, or it may be divulging of proprietary info to release depending on the certification that was granted.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Storage Sharing (On site) Can someone help me by sharing a comprehensive template for Threat Assessment (TACCP)? SQF Getting certified while sharing facilities with other companies Sharing some funny moments at your job Sharing Employee Bathrooms with another company Sharing documents with customers? Sharing supplier information with customers Root Cause - sharing information globally Does anyone mind sharing a Senior Management Responsibility Policy?