What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Transport Hygiene Control Standards

Started by , Jan 20 2006 02:18 PM
2 Replies
We all agree in "no question is stupid"... Do we?
I do not have my own copy, as food was enough in the past; so let me ask: is the BRC packaging for transport, too?
Thanks for explaining!
Andrea
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport
[Ad]
In answer to your question yes there are requirements (lots of them) for minimising the risk of contamination during transport, storage and distribution. Without regurgitating the whole of section 6.4:

- Finished products should be protected by appropriate external packaging (should also be protected when moving around site e.g. building to building)
- Pallets should be in good condition (if wood should be dry, clean, free from damage and P, C, M contaminants)
- Contracted transport and storage should be controlled (written standards, specifications, maybe audit)
- All vehicles should be clean (documented cleaning schedules / records)
- Incoming and outgoing vehicle and load check for P, C, M

Hope this helps.
Simon

Hope this helps.

It does! Thanks
Andrea

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS Haulier Transport Questionnaire FSSC 22000 - 2.5.10 Transport Storage and Warehousing ISO/TS 22002-5 Transport and storage Services in connection with the food safety - GFSI requirements for transport GFSI Requirements for Transport GFSI Requirements for Transport Food Defense: Reliably protecting raw materials and food from contamination, manipulation or sabotage during transport SQF 9.6.6 Loading, Transport, and Unloading Practices BRCGS Clause 4.16: Dispatch and Transport How to identify and exclude risk of cross contamination during transport