What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hygiene Refresher Training

Started by , Mar 24 2015 11:21 AM
5 Replies

In addition to Simon's wonderful pictorial packaging hazards poster, I would like to set our guys some sort of quiz or exam on hygiene related to packaging. I'm looking for some help in what things to ask please. All contributions gratefully received with thanks.

Any thoughts...................

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template
[Ad]

In helping you write something that is most applicable to you, what is it you make? What most do you want your people to know, to remember, to do?

Hi Rosemary, how about something completely different.  Let's say you have 12 in each training session. Split them into three groups of four and give them a department to go audit without a checklist, just use their eyes and write down what they think is wrong.  Could be related to food safety, health and safety, quality etc.  When they come back after an hour or so each team writes their findings on a board and discusses what the finding is, why it is a problem, what existing policy or procedure has failed (if there is one), the root cause and what should be done to correct, improve, prevent.

A rough idea and needs a bit of work...what do you think?

1 Thank

A very interesting suggestion. 

I have done something similar to Simon's poster but actually setting up violations, taking a photo or video and asking people to identify as many as they can.

1 Like

Rosemary, what ever you do, document it and make it part of your training process.  It will go far towards showing any auditor that you not only train your workers, but you verify that the training is effective.

The three most important things for regulatory issues...

1. Document

2. Document

3. Document

:thumbup:

Martha

Thanks for your inputs. We make plastic food contact packaging - chocolate trays, Easter egg formings, that sort of thing.

Simon - I like the idea but I don't think it would work with 90% of the personnel, but it has given me an idea for a couple of our auditors to undertake a walk round. I believe you are in the same type of business as us - is this what you do?

We have a Hygiene Policy & Regulations Procedure which states the obvious - jewellery, hand washing etc, etc, etc. We have done a soap box reminder session for the last two years regurgitating the info. I just wanted to make it a bit different this year.

Similar Discussion Topics
Updated versions of CODEX General Principles of Food Hygiene Published HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Personal Hygiene Audit Template Hygiene and fabrication inspection template for BRCGS GHPs-HACCP : General Principles of Food Hygiene Rev.2022 Personal Hygiene BRCV9 - 7.2.1 Looking for Factory a Hygiene Checklist Hand Swabs of Food Handlers as verification of hand hygiene