What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Engineered drawing for something made in house?

Started by , Apr 06 2015 03:28 PM
2 Replies

Calling all maintenacne or engineer people out there!

Our facility has a bug bag lifting attachment that has been used for decades.  It is very well constructed, shows no sign of wear or fatigue and does not hinder the operatoration of any of our fork trucks.  The only problem, we made it in house and now in trying to get new fork trucks they will not guarentee our lift trucks without "proof" that this appartus is ok.  Which does make complete sense.   

My main question is who (where) can investigate this equipment and deem it ok to use?

Thanks

G

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BE (Bio-Engineered) Statements or Letters Risk assessment of engineered nanomaterials
[Ad]

Calling all maintenacne or engineer people out there!

Our facility has a bug bag lifting attachment that has been used for decades.  It is very well constructed, shows no sign of wear or fatigue and does not hinder the operatoration of any of our fork trucks.  The only problem, we made it in house and now in trying to get new fork trucks they will not guarentee our lift trucks without "proof" that this appartus is ok.  Which does make complete sense.   

My main question is who (where) can investigate this equipment and deem it ok to use?

Thanks

G

There are a lot of options to try, some expensive and some very expensive.  I would ask the forklift manufacturer for what source of "proof" they would accept, since that's the goal.  They may require that it be evaluated by an engineer, but they also may say that they would not accept any source.  You need to please them, so I think that's the place to start.

Martha

hey guys,

can you please let me know, a cheapest false ceiling material?

Similar Discussion Topics
BE (Bio-Engineered) Statements or Letters Risk assessment of engineered nanomaterials