What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What procedure is required for perimeter breaches?

Started by , Apr 14 2015 06:39 PM
4 Replies
Hi again friends,

Have implemented a daily perimeter inspection before the start of production. Our team has agreed that if breaches of the perimeter, signs of tampering with product tank locks or pest sightings occur, production is not allowed to commence until corrective measures have been carried out.

The first breach of the perimeter was observed this week and production was delayed. My boss now wants to change the procedure, as he says it is too severe.

In this instance, the QC Manager and myself (Plant Manager) took a decision to start the line based on the tank locks being secure and no pest sightings.

Your thoughts on the procedure itself and the actions taken?

R
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food loss and waste procedure Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000
[Ad]

What was the specific breach that started the lock down procedure?

Without knowing more about the specifics of the procedure, it's hard to comment. Off hand though, I think it's a little on the too restrictive side.

Marshall

Unless your factory produces extra virgin olive oil that is being somehow defiled by some sort of sick pervert, then I agree with mgourley on this one! 

Do you mind us asking what is being produced and what the pests are please?

The breach was a portion of the fencing which had actually been pried up.
It was large enough for a small person to gain access.

We produce bottled purified water.

Our procedure states that if there is any perimeter breach, presence or evidence of pests (birds, rats, goats, cats, dogs) or evidence of tampering with the product tank (which is on the outside of the building), production cannot commence without anomaly being addressed.

R

Hi Rosynella, 

Well yes, I have to admit, I would see this as being a possible food safety issue that deserves more investigation. Perhaps you may ask your managing director for some further site security measures such as security cameras that would assist you in investigating such matters pro-actively rather that shutting down production. It would be a good cost saving investment on their part, maybe? 

Similar Discussion Topics
Food loss and waste procedure Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Pasteurization Procedure for Tom Yum Paste Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?