What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bulk Candy Labeling

Started by , Apr 15 2015 03:52 PM
4 Replies

Hi, I am labeling bulk lollipops.  Can anyone tell me if the language is appropriate to use 'about XX' versus 'aprox xx' or can someone send me in the right direction for the FDA regulation that states this? Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations
[Ad]

Hi, I am labeling bulk lollipops.  Can anyone tell me if the language is appropriate to use 'about XX' versus 'aprox xx' or can someone send me in the right direction for the FDA regulation that states this? Thanks

Hi CherylTucci,

I'm sadly not in the lollipop business so maybe the limitation is with me but i couldn't quite understand yr query.

What is the "XX" referring to ? Number of lollipops in a packing unit ? weight of a lollipop ?

Can you not pack based on weight Cheryl...

We are a Gourmet Chocolate Manufacturer that produces some products in Bulk and we use "About xx Servings" as opposed to "Approximately xx Servings" on our labels/packaging. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, but either one would be "acceptable" but "about" is more commonly used. Hope that helps.

All The Best,

JKRed

We receive and either repack or resell bulk of lollipops and I believe its just sold to us by approximate weight.

Similar Discussion Topics
Migration Testing of Bulk Containers for the Food Industry How do you keep traceability of bulk flour? Shelf life of sunflower oil in bulk or in silos Hazard Analysis - Bulk Bag Lifting frame in production areas Food Defense for bulk liquid fructose transfer stations Bulk density - Master Specification creation Supersack-Bulk Bag Resealing Environmental Pathogens in a Bulk Truck Use of compressed air to fill a Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container before filling Bulk Tank CIP temperature