What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hazard Significance Risk Matrix

Started by , Apr 27 2015 03:36 PM
5 Replies

Good morning,

Happy Monday everyone!!! While conducting my hazard analysis, do I need to use a significance risk matrix or is a CCP tree good enough? If I do need a matrix, does anyone have sample one I can use?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP?
[Ad]

Hi calaggal,

Can you clarify one thing - any particular standard involved.?

No specific standard is involved it is for a dry bean packing facility, really no hazards but physical, because of a kill step in the cooking process. It is a real basic plan. My customer needs the plan, because a customer of theirs asked if they had a HACCP.

No specific standard is involved it is for a dry bean packing facility, really no hazards but physical, because of a kill step in the cooking process. It is a real basic plan. My customer needs the plan, because a customer of theirs asked if they had a HACCP.

Thks for response.

As per above, I guess the choice is yours to use or not use a matrix. There are several styles without on offer. :smile: (I use a matrix myself but just my choice).

For example one popular style in USA/Canada seems to be via a Table of Codex tree based questions. No matrix required afai can see. I guess you are familiar with this already.

What matrix do you use/prefer?

What matrix do you use/prefer?

I use the one shown on sheet3 of the model excel file attached to this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-4#entry50651

But a lot of people like simpler formats like 3 x 3, 4 x 4, whatever. It depends somewhat on personal choice, the product/process and one's particular procedure for developing the haccp plan.

The link above is oriented to iso22000 but the methodology in excel file-hazard analysis is equally applicable to traditional haccp except need to delete 1-2 redundant  columns .in left hand section + the iso oprp/ccp part on right hand side.

The use of a 3x3 one is demonstrated in the model haccp plan inside the zip file in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...indpost&p=84876

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material FSVP Hazard Analysis Hazard Analysis - Preservative Is it true that the final step to control a significant hazard shall be a CCP? Hazard Analysis and identification of raw material and ingredients Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Salmonella testing for Candies and Marshmallow as per CFIA and FDA hazard identification Hazard Analysis of raw material ingredients Unforeseen Hazard of a Power Outage