What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Tin cats and wet sanitation

Started by , May 01 2015 06:46 PM
7 Replies

How well do the tincat mouse traps hold up to wet sanitation? We need to find a replacement as the ones we were using are galvanized metal inside and are rusting away to nothing.

We've never had a mouse issue, but i still need a trap that will stand up.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ozone Sanitation as a CCP Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What are effective methods for sanitation of an RO system if high total plate count and pseudomonas aeruginosa are recurring issues? Sanitation - top down or bottom up? Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry
[Ad]

We've never had a mouse issue.

IMEX, this is like a hole in one. AFAIK, Canada has no deserts ?. :smile:

May i ask what you produce ?. I predict not Shrimp.

We process whole poultry. The facility is on the same property as the farm, and we have the best pest control; A dog who will eat anything!!!!!! 

I think alot of the reason we don't have an issue is because we are in a rural area so the little buggers have more than enough to eat and places to hide. We just started operations in the fall (it's been a tough slog) and havn't had an issue yet, fingers crossed

Oh, and yes we do have a couple of deserts, but generally speaking, they're of the frozen type  :roflmao:

Hi scampi,

I believe field mice are exceedingly small. And regarded as edible in many locations. Possibly by chickens also.

Another "may contain ..." to think about for the future.

Lol Charles

Yep, very small and very aggressive too. Picked one up as a child and he bit me!  

I wonder what health canada would say about that "may contain",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There are plastic/poly alternatives to the galvanized tin cats. I guess you can call them "plastic cats."

Marshall

The Victor company offers a "Poly" Tin Cat.  We use these in our wet area (we do fresh produce) and they do well.  I've heard that some folks have had trouble with mice actually chewing their way out of these, but that hasn't happened to us. However, we usually don't see mice in our wet area.  That may be due to the effective bait stations we use on the exterior of the building (our wet area has an outside wall).

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Ozone Sanitation as a CCP Coverage for knobs, sensors, and electrical plugs to protect from water damage due to sanitation What are effective methods for sanitation of an RO system if high total plate count and pseudomonas aeruginosa are recurring issues? Sanitation - top down or bottom up? Help regarding the application of good cleaning and sanitation measures in the food industry Cleaning and Sanitation in production area What kind of Verification is required for Maintenance and Sanitation? Sanitation - suppliers of food grade brushes, brooms, and scrubs Ozonated water in sanitation program How to build a successful sanitation program