What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Last Minute Tips, Anyone?

Started by , May 08 2015 07:19 PM
15 Replies

Well, we're in the countdown to our Level 2 certification audit. There are some facility items that we are finishing up and I'm just looking for any last-minute, low-cost, high-impact tips for our last week of preparation. :w00t:

Thanks!

J

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips on remembering all of the Sections, Clauses and Elements of SQF
[Ad]

Sleep before, adult beverages after.  :gleam:

1 Thank

Well, we're in the countdown to our Level 2 certification audit. There are some facility items that we are finishing up and I'm just looking for any last-minute, low-cost, high-impact tips for our last week of preparation. :w00t:

Thanks!

J

Me too! Ours is in a month!

We are working on cleaning the plant right now, Ceilings, Painting, Machines, Floors, Clearing out old junk and product.

Who is your CB?

Make sure the door ways and door handles entering production are clean.

1 Like

Loni, we're using SGS. I believe our auditor is subcontracted though.

DON'T. PANIC.!

1 Thank

I would advise that you talk to the operators and make them aware that following the rules and completing records is vital.  It should be the way things are of course, but does no harm to do a pre-audit walkabout for general discussion (not an audit).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Simon

Loni, we're using SGS. I believe our auditor is subcontracted though.

We are using Eagle. Well good Luck to you buddy!

remove tapped signs.  Our auditor didn't like those and gave us a NC for those.  They trap dust and dirt in between the tape and sign, and all surfaces should be cleanable.

This one may sound simple, but I see it overlooked at least once every year. Ask the auditor for ID when they arrive and sign in, make sure everyone in the group has proper PPE and washes their hands just before or upon entering any production areas. 

Good Luck :cool:

Take them somewhere nice for lunch. Buys a little time out of the plant and you can build a little rapport.

And DON'T argue unless you can back with validation, supporting documentation, etc. Don't respond on emotion and defense. They'll rake you over the coals. If you have to, eat something small to show humility for the greater good. You need to use quite a bit of discretion in cases where discrepancies arise.

Never use the phrase, "I have NEVER seen that happen," even if it is true. They won't believe you. Ever.

Pending how far out you are, chunk down your to-do list in time-oriented frameworks. Two weeks out, one week out, two days prior, morning of, etc. Plan, conduct mock audits, be the thorn in everyone's side. "When the time for decision arrives, the time for preparation has past," Thomas S. Monson.

Let us know how it goes!

This one may sound simple, but I see it overlooked at least once every year. Ask the auditor for ID when they arrive and sign in, make sure everyone in the group has proper PPE and washes their hands just before or upon entering any production areas. 

Good Luck :cool:

Is it necessary to ask for ID if that isn't in our policy? Also, I'll verfiy it is him when we sit down in the conference room.

Is it necessary to ask for ID if that isn't in our policy? Also, I'll verfiy it is him when we sit down in the conference room.

GOOD Point! 

I think it is written somewhere that you need to do it.  Sorry so vague, but I think it is part of SQF that you verify (!) that the people are who they say they are. You could start off with a minor for failing to do so.  I am swamped today, or else I'd look it up.  It can't hurt to ask for ID and it shows you are serious about who comes into your facility.

Good Luck!

GOOD Point! 

I think it is written somewhere that you need to do it.  Sorry so vague, but I think it is part of SQF that you verify (!) that the people are who they say they are. You could start off with a minor for failing to do so.  I am swamped today, or else I'd look it up.  It can't hurt to ask for ID and it shows you are serious about who comes into your facility.

Good Luck!

Anyone else have some information site regarding asking visitors and guests for ID?

It's always good to have a refresher training for SQF and/or GMP a week or so before the auditor shows up to tell them who is coming and how to behave that day. Make sure you show up hours before to do a final walkthrough and make sure all access points to your building are closed and secure.

We are also going through an SQF audit right now (SGS). We ask for an ID as part of our Food Defense and Security program. I hardly slept last night :-(

Similar Discussion Topics
Tips and tricks or easier ways to create Safety Data Sheets Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips for preventing recalls due to undeclared allergens Tips on remembering all of the Sections, Clauses and Elements of SQF Tips on having an FDA inspection Tips on having an FDA Inspection Tips on having an FDA Inspection Tips on BRCGS Certification Tips for HACCP Validation