What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC V6 3.11.4- Product Recall notification to CB

Started by , May 12 2015 11:26 AM
5 Replies

Hi All, 

About 3 months ago, we carried out a product recall from one of our customers. However, we did not inform our CB on the same to date as per the requirements of section 3.11.4.

I stuck now: 1.should i proceed to alert the CB about the product recall or should we just not bring it up during the audit?

2.Is the CB refered in this section the one that issued us our current certificate?

Please help on this.

Thanks.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Quaker Recall Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?
[Ad]

I'm not sure about the requirements in BRC, But in SQF which is very similar you must report all recalls with in 24 hours to your CB. If not they can pull your certification.

As for you question of not brining it up at the Audit, I would absolutely tell them. Make sure you have all your documentation on the recall (what caused the recall, how it was handled, whom it affected, how you resolved it) Maybe they will take pity on you.

Good Luck my Friend.

1 Like1 Thank

You need to inform you CB within 3 days of the recall not necessarily on the same day. You will run into problems if you have not done this as it is break in the contract between you and your CB. If you have not informed them within 3 days I would be getting on the phone right now and making the call.....and yes it is the CB issuing the current certificate.

2 Thanks

I work for a CB, we had a client who did not inform us of a recall within 3 days and they received a minor NC at their next audit.

1 Thank

We were threatened with a critical non-conformance.....

1 Thank

What? I think that's too harsh

We were threatened with a critical non-conformance.....

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Quaker Recall Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed?