What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Certified weights - How long are they certified for?

Started by , May 29 2015 01:15 PM
6 Replies

Hi!

We recently bought new certified weights. They came with a calibration certificate. However, there is no expiry date on this certificate. How often are they certified for?

Thank you!
Jessica Moreau

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker
[Ad]

I would get these calibrated annually, this should be sufficient to detect any weight deviation.

You may want to ask the vendor for that in writing to add to your calibration documents. As per all preventative maintenance, you are covered if you follow manufactures recommendations. What are you processing, what kind of products? 

Also, in Canada the is a federal department of weights and measures, you could consult their webpage for further beef up your documents

i would have a calibration company verify yearly.

After we get our scales re-certified for the year then we immediately place our certified weights on the scale and verify that they still weigh the correct amount and document it.  This has seemed to work for us so far but if you can easily get them re-calibrated then that would prevent any doubts.

I agree, send them out annually to be calibrated.

Similar Discussion Topics
Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking Is there a database of IFS certified companies? SQF Certified getting ISO 22000 Certifications from Broker SQF Certified - Now sharing storage space, any changes? Do calibration weights need to be traceable or ISO certified? Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Does SQF allow only a part of production to be certified? How much should I charge for creating a whole food safety program and get the production facility certified with GMP audit